Share your raw fleece sources?

This post has 22 Replies | 11 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Apr 27, 2011 2:18 PM

Hi I am new to this forum.. I raise alpacas and have lots of fleece for sale. Check out my website www.atozalpacas.com  and on facebook www.facebook.com/atozalpacas 

A to Z Alpacas 
Alberta Canada
Leslie Unruh
atozalpacas@gmail.com  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6
jennyct13 wrote
on Jun 4, 2011 6:24 AM

I hope that no one minds a little shameless self-promotion, but I have an Etsy shop where I sell clean, hand dyed fleece and locks- most specifically Targhee and Wensleydale. I also like to mix it up a bit with other types- Finnsheep, Cormo, Romney, Mohair, Alpaca, assorted cross-breeds, and various silk preparations. I also sell carded batts, and handspun art yarn and traditional yarn. I process, dye, spin and felt all of the fibers that I sell, and I'm happy to offer advice, suggestions, and help with any or all of them.

I love custom orders, and list new items nearly every weekday. Jenny Fields Fiber

Fiber art for beautiful geniuses.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
nismo591 wrote
on Jun 24, 2011 6:51 PM

We own a small alpaca farm in oberlin ohio with 22 Huacayas who all have either royal baby or baby fiber. We recently had them sheared and have high quality blankets and seconds for sale. If intersted please email me at vklangston@gmail.com and i can send pics of each and prices. very reasonable pricing!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
tielserrath wrote
on Jun 29, 2011 3:20 AM

*waves*

Hi Jenny! Satisfied customer here!

*waves again*

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7
vanalpaca wrote
on Nov 19, 2011 11:14 AM

I am sorry, I have that ostresized herd of alpacas, both suri and huacayas and I have a variety of colors and fleeces available, prime blankets and for a quarter of the cost per pound, neck, flank, and shoulder fiber as well. I would like the folks that have listed their sheep here to send me their price lists and sheep types for my resource page or to link to my page on facebook, imaginary alpaca ranch. I belong to the black swamp spinning guild and live in northwest ohio and know many spinning friends and we like to dabble in different fleece/fibers as well. I also love to blend my alpaca with other types of wool to give it a bit more variety in the spun yarns. With 30 fleeces available annually, it is a lot to work with and I feel really guilty buying other fibers to spin, but oh, well, when you are addicted to fiber like we are.........and DYE and FELT that fireman of yours a BIG RED FIRETRUCK for Christmas this year......Cheers all. you can email me at vanalpaca@hotmail.com and I'm looking for less VM in the fleeces as I will probably send it out to be put into rovings at a mini mill in Indiana that does a good job. After all, shearing happens once or twice a year, right??

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Siouxsan wrote
on May 5, 2012 3:43 PM

So glad you posted here - after a 10 year hiatus from Spinning, I am back at it - just got a wheel and was looking for cool fiber - I love your colors, so be looking for an order soon.

Sioux

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kelly Bell wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 12:45 AM

Oh, I'm so jealous!! I've been looking everywhere for some FinnSheep fleeces. Do you still have any available at your farm? If you have Dorset Down also, I'm definitely interested!

Thanks!

Kelly (kelly AT gothamcityfiberarts DOT com)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kelly Bell wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 12:48 AM

Mary Tucker, I was trying to reply to your post specifically - do you have any Finn fleeces left? Or Dorset Down? I'm very interested, and I live in NYC, if so. I'm fervently hoping to have my own spinning flock sometime in the next 5 years!

Thanks,

Kelly AT gothamcityfiberarts DOT com

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS