Hello from Sheffield UK

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
on Apr 23, 2012 6:35 AM

Hi

I am a new spinner.  I have always wanted to learn to spin but couldn't find anyone to teach me.  I stumbled across the guild in my area and I have never looked back.  I have started a lot of hobbies in my lifetime  but nothing prepared me for how spinning would take over my life!!!  It is like my soul has been waiting for me to sit down at a spinning wheel.  I love it.  I just want to devour anything remotely to do with spinning.  I look forward to learning and chatting with like minded people.#

Yvonne

Not Ranked
Posts 3
spinmum wrote
on Apr 27, 2012 11:17 AM

Hi Yvonne,

I too, am fairly new to spinning.  It has been the same for me.  I am completely addicted.  The only thing that keeps my ambitions at bay at the moment are my finances!

I find that I have to spin every day, and that I am always thinking of my next project and which technique I would like to try next.  There is so much to learn, and there seems to be no limits on my creativity.

So a big hello back to you from sunny Devon!

Chris

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
on Apr 28, 2012 4:59 AM

Hi Chris,

I know I am constantly thinking about what I can knit with my fibre.  I was given some Manx Loghtoun fleece but it has not been the weather here to wash it (which I have never done) so looking forward to that.

Great to meet people who don't glaze over when you talk about spinning!

Yvonne

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 11
BelovedRuth wrote
on Jul 15, 2012 2:36 PM

Hi 

Hello from Cheshire! I started spinning on top whorl spindles a year ago and I addicted to it. Great to see others from England on here

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
Hrothwyn wrote
on Nov 14, 2012 1:02 PM

Hello from down here in Nottingham!

As you're in Sheffield I bet you're acquainted with the wonderful Wingham Wool Work. If not you should google for them - wonderful place to get fibre from; I've been going there for a long while and it's like a pick and mix sweet shop but for woolly stuff!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
on Nov 15, 2012 12:22 AM

Hi i just saw your post sorry for the delay in replying.  I am still learning drop spindling and i bought a lace weight spindle which i want to use for sone casmmere fibre I bought.  I have never spun cashmere before and its like touching a cloud of air.  Yvonne

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
on Nov 15, 2012 12:28 AM

Hi do I know Wingham...the car knows how to get there on its own haha.  Yes it is like sweetie shop and i did a 2 day beginners workshop with Ruth and I plan to do another next year.   For Xmas I gave my husband alist to go there. Greatto see other people on here from Uk. Yvonne 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS