suggestions for your first spinning wheel

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
redumbrella wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 12:35 PM

hi. i already know how to spin on a drop spindle and now want to spin on a spinning wheel. i havent decided exactly what wheel to get. i was debating on the schacht ladybug or the louet victoria or the ashford joy. i like the fact that the jiy and the victoria are more portable but i also like how the joy and ladybug have or are capable of having a built in lazykate...any thoughts...im also concerned that the wheel can spin a wide variety of yarn.                                                                                         .thanks for your time...g 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6
osandypoint wrote
on Jun 24, 2012 7:26 AM

When I started out I wanted something simple to work on and something that had large bobbins so I did not have to stop as offen and could handle large  amounts of yarn.  That was the Louet.  I started on S17 single tread then bought the S10 .  These are big money investments.  I take my wheel everywhere, even when my husband and I go boating.  If you have one wheel the odds are you will end up buying another.  I also have a Candian Production wheel.  My advice is try as many as you can.  I also did not want to deal with the scotch tention.  SO that all I have to say about that.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
spinboy wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 4:52 PM

Hi,

I fell in love with the Lendrum Spinning wheel. If you purchase the complete package you are set for life. I bought it and it came with a fast flyer, standard flyer, jumbo flyer and a lazy kate. I was also looking at the wheels you mentioned but when I called Paradise Fibers I was talked into the Lendrum and I am so happy with it. The wheel is extremely easy to fold and travel with. I hope you find a wheel that works perfect for you. If you are stuck give Paradise Fibers  call they were very helpful and knowledgeable. They also have LOTS of wheel to pick from :)

http://www.paradisefibers.com/spinning-wheels-fiber/spinning-wheel-for-sale-spindles.html

Hope this helps.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 74
galwaygirl2 wrote
on Feb 18, 2013 6:43 PM

I love my louet S10........  My other favorite wheel has no name and I could care less.......its wonderful and fun to spin......I think it's old but I love it. Go to a shop and try different wheels, thats what I did.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS