Hello

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Alpacafarmer wrote
on Dec 15, 2012 8:41 PM

Let me introduce myself.  I am a full-time alpaca farmer since 2003 and am now processing my own fiber from start to finish.  It is hard work, but I love what I'm doing.  My family gave me a Kromski Symphony spinning wheel for my birthday and I am learning to spin my fiber on it.  It is slow going, but I am making progress and love all activities related to fiber and fiber art.  In addition to knitting, felting and weaving using small looms, I also card my fiber on my new drum carder and dye fiber. I find it very inspiring to see what others have done, but tend to go my own way, rather than follow patterns.  I guess you can call me a free spirit and I get my artistic bend from my parents, who were both fine artists.  Besides my 26 alpacas, I also have six AKC German Shepherds,(just finished my eighth Champion) two AKC Anatolian Shepherds(one als an AKC Champion) , four spoiled cats, and a bunch of Guineas who keep the bugs on my farm under control.. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 33
Richardrwg wrote
on Dec 21, 2012 6:56 AM

Wow, and I thought we were packed with pets. Welcome.

The ONLY difference between an accomplished spinner and a new one who feels they don't have "the touch for it", is practice and not quitting.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS