New here and new to spinning

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
amyamy1978 wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 1:21 PM

Hello,

My first spinning wheel is on its way. I took a class and was intrigued. I'm here looking for ideas and advice from experts. Looking forward to learning so much!

Amy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 33
Richardrwg wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 10:37 PM

Amy, welcome to the site.

While I am far from an expert, i started spinning about 6 months ago. The best advise I can give is what was given to me, I didn't listen at first and soon learned how valuable it was.

When your wheel arrives and you put it together, don't try spinning anything (you will anyway, I know that), sit it in front of your tv or a nice view out the window and just practice getting the wheel to move at a consistent comfortable speed. One of the most challenging parts of learning will be controlling the spin of the wheel and not letting it go backwards. The more practice you get at this will make the spinning so much easier.

By the way, you never said, what wheel did you get?

Richard

The ONLY difference between an accomplished spinner and a new one who feels they don't have "the touch for it", is practice and not quitting.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 558
on Jan 1, 2013 12:37 PM

Amy,

Be sure to check the archives.  I search for questions when I'm stuck and find that all levels of people help me with solutions. After that, ask away. We've all been stuck with a problem.

Denise

Not Ranked
Posts 2
amyamy1978 wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 2:59 PM

Thank you for the advice. I got a double treadle Baynes wheel. I have to stain it and put it together. I can hardly wait.    Amy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 33
Richardrwg wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 7:16 PM

LOL. I'll never order one that I have to stain first, I don't have the patience to wait to play with it.

The ONLY difference between an accomplished spinner and a new one who feels they don't have "the touch for it", is practice and not quitting.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS