Newbie here :-)

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 16, 2013 11:13 PM

Hey all! My name is Grace and I live in San Diego, CA. I'm brand new to spinning, with more interest and enthusiasm than even knowledge :-)

I was first introduced to spinning by a friend of a friend who was in town for a workshop and staying at her house. This lady owns Purlescence Yarns up in the bay area, and when she was visiting she had brought the most beautiful spinning wheel that she had engraved, painted, and stained herself. Very gorgeous and inspiring!! Several years have passed since then and a friend of mine, whom I also work with, took up spinning in the last year or so and she loves it.

I would love to get into spinning (and possibly eventually learn to crochet just to use what I make!) but I'm having difficulty figuring out where to start. Where and who in San Diego do I talk to? I'm totally fine with buying a wheel online and learning from books and YouTube, but I don't even know what I'm looking at!! Any advice would be great :-) I'll be browsing the forums to see if there's any existing information too!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 560
on Jan 17, 2013 2:52 PM

On this page, there is a list of all the submitted guilds. You can also go to a local yarn shop to get information. This would be a good beginning.

Denise

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS