New Ecofriendly Spinning Fiber

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
ottawafiber wrote
on Feb 2, 2013 5:42 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Heather, and I've created a new line of spinning fiber that is environmentally friendly.

I'm raising funds through an Indiegogo start up campaign, and if you contribute, you will be the first to get Envirobatts!

Envirobatts

Also have a logo design contest going on right now. Vote and leave a comment to enter to win an Envirobatt. The contest closes tomorrow.

Vote for the EB logo and enter for a chance to win.

I hope you are as excited about this project as I am!

Heather.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lowden wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 9:27 AM

what is the eco friendly fiber love to know more about it

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ottawafiber wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 10:41 AM

Hi there! This is eco friendly because I get the wool from fiber mills that is considered "Soft waste" or mil ends. Some of this would end up in the landfill because the larger mills don't have an incentive to re-process this wool. However, as an enivornmentally conscious small business, I do

So, Envirobatts are batts carded from perfectly good textile waste and mill ends. They are beautiful and soft. When I get large quantities of white or light colours, I can dye them up with eco-friendly dyes called Greener Shades. These don't have heavy metals in them and are safe for my well and septic system!

I hope you check out the Envirobatts campaign (link below)  to help me start up, and you can get your own Envirobatt!

http://www.indiegogo.com/envirobatts/x/2092476

Thanks for your interest, let me know if you would like even more info.

Heather.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS