Welcome to Spinning Daily!

This post has 37 Replies | 14 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 452
Liz Good wrote
on Jan 27, 2011 5:44 PM

We've just updated the website to reflect all the things that go on here in addition to Spin-Off magazine. What do you think?

What do you think of the new look?

• love it! (32.7%)
  • like it. (18.4%)
  • not sure yet. (49%)
  • Total Votes: 49
  • Voting Ended: 2/20/2011

Liz Good

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
deb-ky wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 5:52 AM

I wish you'd left well enough alone. I've already unsubscribed to all the other Dailys. If Interweave keeps blurring the lines between spinning and weaving like they did knitting and crocheting, I'll unsubscribe here as well.

I don't need to get another email daily when it's nothing more than an ad.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
s.m.a wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 6:00 AM

I agree with this. I have unsubscribed to several "newsletters" because they are just glorified ads - many of them have the same ads for unrelated things. Stop sending them daily and send them once a week or once a month with more content instead of the same ads day after day. You are preaching to the choir anyway - most people already know what you offer since your the only spinning magazine in circulation. 

The old logo was better and the poll is biased. How about "don't like it" - I know I don't and do not need more time to get used to it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
on Feb 2, 2011 7:01 AM

Even though I am enjoying your newsletters, I will also unsubscribe if all I get is ads.. I have been enjoying your newsletters though.. I know where you are.. I am an avid weaver and spinner and will always go to interweave to see what's new to buy anyway.. Remember spinners and weavers are a special kind of consumer.. Bombarding them with ads will only try our patience..

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Maude March wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 7:05 AM

Like it a lot. Interesting ideas and information is available if I want to read it. if I don't feel like it or have the time, I know where the delete button is.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
NinaS wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 7:27 AM

the new look is fine, but I do not want to receive Spinning Daily emails that are about weaving (I don't weave and don't want to.)  I don't want to receive more advertising disguised as an informative email.  I would rather receive a content email once or twice a month and the ad emails that are marked as such.  It very often appears that these newsletters purport to provide information when they are nothing more than glorified ads. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
WendyB@25 wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 7:31 AM

Please let us have just spinning on Spinning Daily as I don't weave and I want to hear about spinning things!  Couldn't the weavers have a Weaving Daily?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mary swinney wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 8:50 AM

Living in France where there seems to be a dearth of craft information (and it's not the language) I welcome any information.  Because of Interweave I am now considering weaving as well as spinning as there is a limit to the number of knitted items I can wear.  Carry on;  I can put up with the adverts for the information as I know where the delete button is as well 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
nwspinner@2 wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 8:53 AM

I have also been not very happy with the constant emails purporting to be relevant to the topic to find that they are just another advertising opportunity. I do realize that y'all need to make money to keep these publications alive, but enough already!  I did find where you can change your subscription options and have reduced the 'newsletters' to one or two. 

We need more content,  less adverts.

bj heeke

lifetime subscriber of Spin-Off

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kay AS wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 8:56 AM

No thanks.  Why not start a "Weaving Daily" thing if you want to weave?  I probably will continue to scan through Spinning Daily anyway, because you have interesting things about spinning, but weaving?  Nah.  And if it turns into Any Old Kind of Fiber Thing Daily, I will start skimming and deleting like I do for Knitting Daily.

When Knitting Daily went to include crochet daily and felting daily and various other fiber subjects, I was disappointed.  Usually I only glance at it, and if it's not knitting, then I delete it.  I've probably missed some knitting information because of that, but hey - I don't want to have to plow through other subjects just in case there might be some knitting information there.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Jody@10 wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 9:15 AM

I too am tired of receiving emailed newsletters that are really glorified ads. I no longer bother to even look at Knitting Daily. I am more likely to purchase one of your DVD's (or books) after reading an article about the author or one of the techniques demonstrated on the DVD. 

Congratulations on your new loom, but is it really so hard to find topics related to spinning to write about?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6
irieknit wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 9:19 AM

Knitting Daily is such a shadow of its former self.  I hope this Spin-Off newsletter is not following down that same path.  The old banner was beautiful - why replace it with a generic sun & wheel logo?  Misgivings on my end.  Today's content does nothing to help me spin daily either.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6
bessT wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 10:18 AM

I like the update. It is refreshing. I don't mind the ads, sometimes a title catches my attention and I follow the link. I spin to a project, and sometimes that project is woven, no problem with seeing weaving promoted, or any other craft that uses handspun. The new message title 'Helping you spin daily' is catchy as well, then I looked for something that might help me spin 'today' - like a tip, or hint, or link to someone's new fiber line... so for sure reflect all the things that go on at your end, but please emphasize spinning in this Daily!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jazzyspinner wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 10:28 AM

The overall look is fine;  wish I could double click on pictures to enlarge them for closer viewing.

But something more - You needed to make other changes, too, as noted by most of the respondents so far. The problem - no matter what you change, the ads keep coming.  As a fiber enthusiast,  I've always trusted your organization for in depth and informative content on all my passions.  I've purchased books, magazines, etc when and where the "spark" hits.   I'm too busy to dig through a bunch of ads for a tiny bit of knowledge. These "dailys" are nothing but thinly veiled infomercials and it boring!  You seem desperate to make a sale.  A "once a week" ad notice would be fine - leave off this daily commercial stuff.  I'm considering a full unsubscribe, from all dailys, if things don't change soon.  Sorry to be so tough, but I expect more from a classy organization like yours.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Robin Ashley wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 10:40 AM

Weaving is applied spinning, and I enjoy hearing you share you passion as well as your personal experience.  Knitting Daily changed when it seemed to become only a promotor of product.  I have enjoyed the DVD from Margaret Store about Spinning for Lace that I learned about through your website, and I like to know what you have on offer, but to have only advertising through Knitting Daily has been disappointing, and I have given up on KD.  I welcome enthusiasm about spinning, and most of us use the handspun later with other techiniques.  The delete button is our opportunity to opt out graciously from whatever we do not care to enjoy. But I personally  enjoyed your weaver's bliss and look forward to more stories, including spinning for weaving and other purposes!  Please carry on, and share your life with us as Sandy did!  Forty years ago I had to get out of bed carefully and sideways because the only place safe for a loom was where I had to step getting up in the morning.  Your storey did take me back.  Carry on please!

Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS