Summer 2011 Reader Survey

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 452
Liz Good wrote
on May 26, 2011 5:38 PM

Here is our reader's survey from the Summer 2011 issue!

We just released Interweave Knit&Spin, a special issue for experienced knitters who want to start spinning. What would you want to see next?

• Bead&Spin (26.1%)
  • Crochet&Spin (13%)
  • Shag&Spin (0%)
  • Tat&Spin (8.7%)
  • Weave&Spin (52.2%)
  • Total Votes: 23
  • Voting Ended: 8/26/2011

Liz Good

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 14
Llynspins wrote
on Jun 6, 2011 6:33 PM

Re:  the poll in the summer 2011 issue asking what special publication we would like to see next.  There is one item I do not understand  - "Shag & Spin".  Can you please enlighten me on the topic.  The only thing I can think of  is shagging sheep and somehow I don't think you mean THAT.

Llyn

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 452
Liz Good wrote
on Jun 8, 2011 3:41 PM

Sorry Llyn for the confusion, we were thinking more of rugs not sheep (and not that type of shagging!).

Liz Good

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 9, 2011 7:23 AM

I would LOVE to see a crochet and spin issue, as the members of the local spinning guild in my county all act like I am completely WASTING all my hand-spun by using it to crochet with.

In fact, as I got to know these women, and they realized that I preferred crochet, and didn't own any animals, (alpaca or lama), they stopped sending me the information to the next meeting. 

I did a little research and found that over 35 local spinners used to be active members of this spinning guild, they all had the same issues.  They didn't come up to the "standards" of the 10+ women that run the group, so once they'd been to a few meetings, donated things to Safona, and given fiber away to these women, and bought fiber from the animals of these women..they also stopped getting invited to the monthly meetings.

I've been very surprised to find out that there are many spinners who feel that if you're going to spin, you MUST knit... I can knit-on a loom/rake now due to minor paralysis in my left hand-but prefer to crochet as I've been crocheting longer and it's more comfortable for me....but as a spinner, why should anyone feel pressured to knit??

Just wanted to give you a little insight on why I voted spin and crochet...

Keep up all the wonderful work there at Spin-Off...  When I can afford magazines again, I will start up my subscription.  These days in the financial situation of my family, I'm lucky to sneak one into a grocery shopping trip. :)

Sincerely,

Andrea/Anne/Anne loves to spin

Reading/Berks County PA

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Lisa Rayner wrote
on Jun 9, 2011 6:46 PM

I would like to see Weave&Spin. I really like Knit&Spin, but have been weaving far longer than I have been a knitter. (since grade school). If such an issue were to be created, I would like to see a significant focus on spinning and weaving cotton. I weave cotton, and knit both wool and cotton.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Aug 2, 2011 1:27 PM

I would love to see both Weave & Spin and Crochet & Spin. I loved Knit & Spin, as I am a new spinner and have been knitting for a few years. I found it very useful and interesting (and perfectly timed for me since I just got my first wheel). I do a little crochet and am interested in ideas for spinning with crochet in mind. I don't weave currently, but I can feel it coming on. Lol. The members of my spinning group are determined to get me weaving, it seems. So I would love an issue to introduce me to weaving with handspun and spinning for weaving. 

Both please! :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS