Latest Issue of Spin Off Magazinr

This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7
on Oct 28, 2012 10:23 PM

Hi folks, well, I just got my 1st. copy (fall 2012) of Spin Off Mag. What a wonderful surprise! I received it early last week and I haven't put it down yet. I have been spinning for over 35 yrs. and mostly on my own. I guess I'm self taught. I guess I never thought that the spinning community was so large! The magazine is priceless! Soooo many great articles and helpful information. Great job by the staff and contributors! I am looking forward to receiving future editions. I'm an old coot (82 yrs.) and I'm alone now that my wife has passed. Spinning has provided me with a comfort and serenity I would not have otherwise. Whether I'm reading Spin Off, or spinning one of my best friends sit in the evenings and discuss all manner of things. (My best friend's name is Baby Cakes, my 13 yr. old cat) We're kind of growing old together. She listens intently to my comments on the magazine articles. I'm so glad took the subscription! Thanks loads, My Best, Jerry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 439
Spin-Off
Liz Good wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 4:38 PM

Hi Jerry,

We are so glad you enjoyed your first issue so much!

Happy spinning,

Liz

Liz Good
Managing Editor, Spin-Off

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Dec 11, 2012 3:16 AM

Welcome Jerry,

So glad that Baby Cakes is here to listen to your comments.  My own "knitten' kitten" is a 5 yo black short hair that sits in my lap and lets the knitting yarn or the roving just flow over him.

They are priceless!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
5553620 wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 6:15 PM

Hi Jerry,

you are as young as several of my  (& 9 yr. old daughter's) friends in our spinning guild! Come visit, or visit your local guild. I bet they will be delighted to have you. We have at least half a dozen gentlemen of all ages that are in our guild.  Spin on! - Rachel L.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 74
galwaygirl2 wrote
on Feb 17, 2013 2:56 PM

hi Jerry.........hope your still spinning.................... glad your with us.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS